Monday 1 April 2013

3D

A lot of my cards lately have been three dimensional or mixed media type cards. Not sure if that's just because of the specific challenges for each day, or because I gravitate towards texture and depth. Sorry this post is going to be super long...I've been bad about updating this blog (but I haven't missed a day yet of making a card!)

Day 67 - Made some splatter painted stars to go with my ten-word sci fi story...it's really hard to write a story with only ten words...this is a pretty pathetic attempt! 




Day 68 - The problem with leaving your project to the late hours of the night, is that you don't always have all the materials you need...like newspaper to make paper mache. So I had to make it out of kleenex...it doesn't work so great. Sort of like boogy filled tissues. Gross! Oh well.




Day 69 - Sometimes I get Jordan to help me with my cards. Today we drew this picture together. He drew himself and I drew myself and the background. 





Day 70 - Lots of magazine scouring for this one




Day 71 - I had fun making lots of layers with this one. Stamps, a pencil drawing on vellum, a piece of a clothing tag, a magazine cut-out, a rub on transfer, sewing patterns, a button, distressing ink, and gel gloss medium. 




Day 72 - I pinned these shoes on pinterest and would totally love to have them...but I'll settle for painting them instead. 




Day 73 - Considering there was some snow on the ground, I just used a rock I had in my house. This polished rock was actually one that I polished myself in my rock tumbler from when I was little (pretty cool hobby but I lost interest in it after a while). I like how this card turned out.




Day 74 - Totally cheated on this card. Haha. It said something about being bold and creating your work in a local establishment. I really didn't feel like going anywhere, so I changed it to just be something bold and made this felt flower. 


Day 75 - Again, snow on the ground, so I didn't want to go outside to do a sidewalk chalk drawing. This was second best.




Day 76 - My sisters and I use to create jewelry, so I still have a lot of beads and things. I should've made two of these then the person I trade with could actually wear them.



Day 77 - Tried my hand at quiling.



Day 78 - I made up some fictional facts about the guy who took my order at Jugo Juice and created this card around a magazine cut out of a guy's hands.




Day 79 - I cheated yet again and didn't actually pick anything up off the ground today, but I did use an old label from a Jones bottle. It ended up being mostly covered in this card, but that's okay, sometimes I just need a jumping off point. 




Day 80 - Tie Dye!



Day 81 - Today I tried to make some image transfers for my collages (The stop sign and the music notes). They were a little tricky because you have transfer images printed with certain ink onto certain paper and it helps if the image has black lines. But it was nice that it only used packing tape. Next time, I might try to do some transfers with my printer, but I need some fancy paper... To complete the daily challenge, I used the eraser on the back of a pencil to stamp the background.



Day 82 - Sometimes I really hate doing the daily challenge. Other days, I love it. Today was one of the days that I was just really annoyed to have to conform to the requirements from the book. But sometimes those ones are the ones that help stretch my imagination. 



Day 83 - Lime light.



Day 84 - I made the background for this by making bubbles out of soap, water, and paint then pressing paper on it. (Blue and purple) I also used one of my homemade transfers and some journaling. Then I spread some green ink over the card. These are the types of cards I really like making. 



1 comment:

  1. i really enjoy your blog. hope to see you at the atc trades some day?

    ReplyDelete