Monday 7 January 2013

The First 7 Days

I made it through week 1 without missing a day! (Now only 51 weeks to go......)
Here are the cards I made this week:

Day 1 - I made this using the materials I had around me. I used only things I could find in the desk (aside from the glue gun). I drew the flower with scripture crayons and the metal part was in the drawer. 
I was sort of disappointed in myself for this card...it was very predictable and little-kiddie, but it was a start, and you have to start somewhere!



Day 2 - Hippos are my favorite! (Especially that house hippo commercial...remember that?)
I made this out of Telus telephone wire.
This one is Jordan's favorite card from the week.



Day 3 - Make something out of paper? How about PAPER?! The green/yellow background piece was made by me like ten years ago by using a paper making kit. It's a great way to recycle scrap paper.  I added the other layers to make a landscape of sorts. The staples were used because it said I couldn't use glue!



Day 4 - I think this is my favorite from the week because I kept pushing myself until it felt complete. When I used to take art classes with Jade Lynn, I would always say to her, "Okay, it's done." and she would day, "It's looking really good, but is it really done?". For this card, I thought it looked pretty good with just the acrylic painted background and the tree (it was centered on the card at first). But then I knew I was being lazy and needed to add something. Jordan suggested leaves, but I wanted it to be a winter tree. So I added a bird house out of a fabric clothing price tag I cut, a small twig, and a magazine cutout bird. Now it feels more complete!


Day 5 - Jordan let me use his temporary tattoo collection from when he was a kid to make this card. It was an experiment to see if it would stick to paper and it does! I made sure to use a thicker paper so it would withstand the water. I then added the spiderweb.
I like this one because it has sentimental value, but it doesn't really "match" the rest of my cards. But that's okay; they are all going to be traded away to different owners anyways. They're not a set.




Day 6 - Who loves lettuce?! Bunnies! I made a flap-book inspired card with a hidden soft felt bunny.




Day 7 - My stencil was a little lame...I mean, I could've just painted this apple, but the challenge said to make a stencil, so I did! The reason I picked an apple, is that my baby is 15 weeks - the size of an apple!!




Have you felt inspired to start a project yet? Think of the possibilities! 365 photos, 365 hairstyles, 365 nail art days, 365 smoothies....the ideas are endless! I'm just so excited to be able to say that I did this EVERY DAY for a whole year!

No comments:

Post a Comment