Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 - a year to be creative

This book was purchased by me a few months ago with the intention to start a 365 day challenge. A challenge to CREATE something EVERY DAY for a full year. 
This blog is the documentation of my fumblings and bumblings through the world of art and creation. 
Deep down, I know I am a creative person, but I sometimes have a hard time letting that person out. 


From the introduction: "A daily creative project is like running a marathon. It's a ridiculously daunting task, but making an original creation every day gives you an incredible sense of accomplishment. It also forces you to push beyond your mental and physical barriers (especially the ones you've erected for yourself). You'll be amazed at what you learn about yourself in the process."

Sounds like a great trade off for spending a bit of time each day to slow down and focus on something other than the mundane tasks of everyday life. 

The book recommends choosing a subject or medium for your project (the author created a skull for 365 days). 
I have chosen to create an Artist Trading Card each day. Click here to learn more about ATCs.
As for a "subject", instead of choosing one specific thing, I thought that I would choose a list of words and create cards around those words. Here are the words I've picked:
-Growth
-Color
-Creation
-Birth
-Memories
-Reflections
-Natural
-Joy

Follow my blog and consider starting your own 365 day challenge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment