Wednesday 27 February 2013

A Long Overdue Update

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Don't worry - I'm still making a card every day!


Day 40 - I wish I had time this day to knit something. I do like knitting but I don't like how much time it takes. 




 Day 41 - Ladybug!




Day 42 - This week was Chinese New Year



Day 43 - I struggled with what to do for this one. I ended up following the instructions of my friend Katherine. On her blog, she describes how to transfer font using just a pencil. I have naturally horrible writing so it was nice to get it somewhat even. These words are lyrics to a song that has helped me get through some rough times. 




Day 44 - Sometimes I totally stretch what I think the author is going for...haha...is this cheating?



Day 45 - I LOVE watercolors. I love how they have a mind of their own. When I took art classes, our teacher showed us how to make these trees by masking them off with tape, painting around them, taking the tape off, then adding the brown. I used salt on the wet paint to add some texture. 



Day 46 - Sometimes I like making goofy cards. I made another "little recipe book" (Remember the smoothie one?). This time I used recipes we were taught in massage school (hydrotherapy - best class ever!!) for face masks. Try these - they're awesome! Also, it's totally fun to color on celebrity's and model's faces. haha











Day 47 - Mixed media




Day 48 - Inukshuk



Day 49 - I love buttons! 



Day 50 - White dove



Day 51 - Cute little dinosaur 



Day 52 - Today I discovered that I don't have pink watercolors! Lame! I tried to mix pink but that didn't really work. So I just made red ones. I painted this upside down and tried to focus more on the feel of the flowers rather than the structure. 



Day 53 - The red part is a perfume sample from a magazine. Magazines are great for ATCs (I sometimes buy old ones from the library for 10 cents)



No comments:

Post a Comment